Friday, September 9, 2011

Old

9/8/10:  I was getting on the plane with my buddy to go on a five-week adventure to Europe.
9/8/11:  I get my dream apartment in the East Village with an acquaintance-turning-friend.  (Coincidentally, both girls listed above are named Julie)

So many things change in a year!  This time last year I was getting pumped about going to Europe and moving to Ballston (three miles from my parents house) with my college roommate Steph, her best friend from middle school Andi, and a girl I worked with named Kate.  Kate, it turns out, is my best friend in the entire world, Steph is in law school, and Andi no longer wants to fight for justice, she just wants to play beautiful songs on beautiful pianos.  Shannon was moving from Brooklyn to Woodbridge, Sarah was going to grad school, and I bashed my face so badly I was scared I was going to lose my tooth.

Now, I'm moving to the East Village in two weeks.  I have longer hair, I have had three or four different styles of bangs (all of which were failures), I have lost a little bit of weight but I still fantasize about running a 10K.  I went to Europe twice, for a total of 8 weeks, and visited Spain, France, Italy, Portugal, England, and Wales.  I went to Hogwarts and drank butterbeer with my brother and my cousin.  I learned how to scuba dive, how to parallel park the mini-van, how to bar tend, how to deal with animals in your house, and how I like to drink coffee.  I went to California for the first time since I was ten and saw 3,000 year old trees and a man worthy of having a crush on.  I watched 8 Phillies games in person, I ran across the ocean to a castle in boots, I stood on top of the world, I climbed mountains, I swam in seas, I was in a play for the first time in five years.

I could not be more excited for my newest catastrophe/adventure, but I am so grateful for the last year.  It's made me less scared, more confident, more happy than I've ever been in my whole life!  I could not have handled moving to the city this time last year, but now I'm ready.

Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Working On:  a monologue from The Kathy and Mo Show
Currently Listening to:  Mumford and Sons "The Cave"
Most Recent Movie Watched: Sarah's Key (I cried and nearly threw up, it was awful)
Most Recent Meal:  Margarita and tacos from Rio Grande with Kate, Chantha, and Kyle from LD
Lead on the NL East:  10.0 games :)

No comments:

Post a Comment