Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Megalopolis, Ho!

The past couple of weeks have been marked by Capital Pride in DC. Generally, I don't take notice of society, but I happened to be riding the Metro reasonably early Saturday morning and I overheard a couple of women talking about the events they were going to that day. Then the conversation took a rather dour turn. One woman was saying that on their bus trip up from Fredericksburg, the driver noticed her and her partner holding hands and threatened to kick them off the bus. When the woman contacted his supervisor to complain of the disrespectful and blatantly unequal treatment, the supervisor's only comment was, "Well, maybe y'all made him uncomfortable". The woman responded, "Maybe he made ME uncomfortable".

I got off the Metro and cried in the bathroom before work. People have black hearts sometimes and it makes me sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment