Wednesday, June 23, 2010

There's no "I" in "Team", but there are two In "Idiot"

Today was a blissful day! Today was an afternoon off! I spent it in the sweltering heat of Nationals Ballpark eagerly watching Stephen Strasburg (from here on out called, Not-Cliff-Lee, or NCL for short) fire 98 mi/hr fastballs only a mere foot away from other dudes faces. We were a bit late, my friend got off work late, etc, so we showed up at the bottom of the 3rd. This is National baseball, ladies and gentlemen, not Philly Nation, so timeliness is definitely not of the essence.

Luckily, we didn't miss the best thing about the game; because, my vast audience, NCL was not the main attraction today. Nope, not the Boy Wonder's time to shine in this woman's eyes. Not even the obese woman shrieking six inches from my ears wins the award. (Although my favorite comment from her was the deafening roar of "CAAAATCH THEEEEE THIIIIIIIIING!!!!" to an outfielder who was hit an easy pop-up that even a National couldn't miss.) No, it was better!

A professional athlete, a member of the MLB, a Washington National, hit cleanly into the outfield and promptly fell down. Running from first to second base. He just... wiped out. Even though we haven't been hitting so well, none of my boys tripped rounding first.

No comments:

Post a Comment